• It is by and large a static subject. Unlike the other subjects for e.g. Public Administration, Political Science etc. where the recent events also need to be covered and analyzed, Anthropology is brief and static. In this optional you will learn the topics like Marriage, Kinship, Evolution, Prehistoric cultures etc, these topics just require mugging and retention.
• The subject is very interesting and will keep you attentive due to the blend of everything in it, be it science, social science, history, biology, and so on.
• The questions that are asked in the UPSC Civil Services exam are direct. They can be anticipated and prepared easily.
• Interestingly you will notice there is a lot of repetition in the questions asked every year. One or two questions definitely get repeated. The subject is not at all burdensome. You can easily and equally focus on other subjects of mains.
• Unlike the other Arts subjects, the answer writing in anthropology is not based much on writing creative answers and showcasing your writing prowess. The answers will mostly be to the point and explained using diagrams, flow charts etc.
• The subject matter of this paper also overlaps with Indian Society and issues related to the development in General Studies. It is highly beneficial to find such convergence in papers because it saves you time and energy and also provides ample material, as well as different perspectives to write better answers in both subjects.
In the recent past a large number of aspirants of Civil Services Exam have opted for Anthropology as their optional. Its a fact that number of aspirants who opt for Anthropology are still lesser than those opting for popular optional subjects like History, Geography and Public Administration, but the success rate of Anthropology is one of the highest. The following table gives the number of candidates who appeared for the IAS exam with anthropology as the optional vis-a-vis the number of candidates who cleared the exam with it.
|Year||No. of candidates appeared||No. of candidates recommended||Success rate (%)|
One can easily score 300+ in Anthropology Optional. In the recent past, this fact is testified by the aspirants who have emerged as the All India Toppers in the Civil Services Exam with Anthropology as their optional subject.
|Koya Sree Harsha||2017||6|
|Raja Gopal Sunkara||2014||49|
3 to 4 Months. The syllabus is brief and easy to understand.
No. Anthropology as a subject is easy to understand. It has become popular among the aspirants from diverse background. Aspirants from any stream can score 300+ plus in IAS Mains if the subject is prepared under right guidance.
There are three main reasons. One, the syllabus is brief and can be prepared in just 3 to 4 months. Two, the subject is static, so there is no need to link it with the current happenings. Three, direct questions are asked in the IAS Mains paper which can be anticipated and prepared.
Yes. The optional is linked with GS Paper I and GS Paper II. You will study many topics in great details like Indian society, institutions, local self-government, development related issues etc. that will help you to score better in General Studies and Essay.
Yes. On a daily basis the aspirants are asked to write answers in the class. These answers are evaluated by the faculty and personalized feedback is given.
Our highly structured courses for Anthropology Optional Courses have transformed the lives of many successful aspirants. Our rich experience in Civil Services Exam will help you to qualify the exam with flying colours.
Under the guidenace of Pradip Sarkar we have persistently produce IAS toppers and top scorers in Anthropology year after year.
Our study material is well researched and organized. It is regularly updated by our experts. It acts as a valuable assest to score high.
Once you inculcate the habit of Critical Thinking in the subject matter, the high score is guaranteed. We focus to imbibe this from day one.
Every topic mentioned in the syllaybus is covered in depth in the thought provoking lectures. Regular doubt clearing sessions are held to improve learning outcomes
Regular tests on exact UPSC pattern are the integral part of the course. These tests are followed by model answers and personalized feedback.
Many top scorers in Anthropolgy and IAS toppers have banked exclusively on Sapiens IAS and the guidance of Pradip Sir. You too can bank upon us!
We are proud to be the part of some of the outstanding and sucessful journeys.