UPSC General Studies Syllabus for Prelims
- June 28, 2017
- Posted By : sapiens18
- 0 Comment
- General Studies Syllabus
UPSC GS Syllabus
The paper is divided into 2 parts:
UPSC Syllabus for paper 1- General studies- Paper I [200 marks]
The duration of the exam is for 2 hours and the marks scored in this test are counted as merit for UPSC mains. The UPSC syllabus for General studies-I is:
- Current national and international events.
- History of India.
- Geography – Comprising of Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Comprising of Constitution, Political System, Panchayat Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Development- Comprising of Economic, Social and Sustainable Development
- Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environment- Its Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper II- General Studies II- [200 marks]
The duration for this paper is two hours and the marks scored are not counted for merit ranking in Prelims but entitles to be a qualifying paper with minimum score of 33% marks. The questions presented here are only ability based. The UPSC syllabus for General studies II is:
- Interpersonal skills.
- Logical reasoning.
- Analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy and Data interpretation.
- The cut-off percentage of prelims varies every year, depending on the number of aspirants.